We are here to serve. Here to fight for you.
The Morris Community Center focuses on three main areas of services for the Hamilton Heights community:
SENIOR ADVOCACY: To lift up the well being of our senior residents, including nutrition, tenant advocacy and more.
COMMUNITY QUALITY OF LIFE: To develop and promote good quality-of-life activities for all area residents.
AFFORDABLE HOUSING: To help with the development and stabilization of affordable housing for senior and community residents.
We value our elders in the Hamilton Heights community. They are a vital part of the neighborhood. That’s why it’s important that we continue to deliver senior social services assistance for challenges with:
• Housing Counseling
• Food Stamps Applications
• Medicaid Applications
• Credit Counseling
• Tax Preparation
Plus, Senior Recreation & Cultural Services bring local seniors together with:
• Bingo and other board games
• Card games
• Bus trips
• Movie matinees
• Birthday celebrations
• Plus many more activies
We also offer limited transportation to seniors who need help getting to the center. With your support, we’ll go on helping the seniors.
Our housing service unit program provides community residents with advocacy, information, and referral assistance in completing forms and application:
• Heap (Home Energy Assistance Program) application
• Section 8 Applications/ NYC School tax credit NYC210/ claim for real property
• Tax credit (IT214) forms
• Senior Citizen rent increase exemption (SCRIE) and Disability rent exemption increase (DRIE) application.
Discover your community connections. Hamilton Heights is a neighborhood rich in people, history and community spirit. Feel free to suggest a link to add to the mix.
• Dance Theatre of Harlem
• Division of Housing & Community Renewal
• Elderpedia: Community Resources by and for Northern Manhattan Seniors
• Fresh Pantry Project
• The Hamilton Heights – West Harlem Community Preservation Organizations
• The New York City Council
• NYC 311
• NYC Cooling Centers
• Riverbank State Park
• Senior Centers: Manhattan Community Board #9ype your paragraph here.Type your paragraph here.
Knowledge gives you power. So the more you know about how to set up a block association, how to get a loan or even just how to fix a leaky faucet, every new fact and every new skill you can collect simply adds to your quality of life, you’ll be further ahead. The community center offers support, advice, information and even workshops on categories that include:
• Eviction prevention
• Tenant's rights
• HIV/AIDS prevention training
• Formation of block and tenant associations
• Housing court assistance
• Relocation assistance
• Tenant education workshops
• Home maintenance workshops
• Loan/grant availability workshops
• Identity theft prevention workshops
• Fire safety workshops and more
Running a holiday sale or weekly special? Definitely promote it here to get customers excited about getting a sweet deal.
Have you opened a new location, redesigned your shop, or added a new product or service? Don't keep it to yourself, let folks know.
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.